All-On-4 – Coronado, CA
A Quicker Option to a Fully Restored Smile
Dental implants offer outstanding benefits to individuals with missing teeth, but what if you’ve been told that you don’t qualify for implants. Oftentimes, if your jawbone is too weak, dental professionals will offer alternative solutions, such as a fixed bridge or full or partial dentures, but what if there was another option? At Advanced Dentistry, there is. With All-On-4, you can have a fully restored smile with the same stability and functionality as traditional dental implants. To find out more about these unique restorations, call us to schedule a consultation with one of our highly trained and skilled dentists today.
Why Choose Advanced Dentistry for All-On-4?
- Customized treatment plan to meet your dental needs
- Longer-lasting, stable, and functional restoration
- Start-to-Finish care provided in-house
How Do All-On-4 Implants Work?
The jawbone is the key factor when discussing implants of any kind. With All-On-4, our team of dentists look for the higher density areas of your jawbone to place each of the 4 implants. This will ensure a stable, strong foundation that is necessary for successful placement. After a thorough evaluation and careful planning, we will place two of the posts (implants) toward the front of your mouth and two toward the back of the mouth.
To ensure we maximize the greatest bone mass at the front of your mouth, we will place the implants at a 30-45-degree angle.
Since the custom, permanent denture will take some time to create, we will be happy to place a temporary denture, so you can see and enjoy a fully restored smile the same day of your implant placement.
Am I a Candidate for All-On-4 Implants?
If you are considering All-On-4, all or most of your teeth must be missing in one or both of your arches. If you do have areas of the bone that are weaker or deteriorating, we can still place All-On-4 implants, whereas, patients desiring traditional dental implants would need to undergo a bone graft or sinus lift prior to placement.
It is imperative that you have good oral and overall health prior to surgery. Diabetes and other autoimmune disorders can make it difficult to heal properly, so, you will need to make sure you are receiving proper treatment during and after your All-On-4 implants are placed. If you have gum disease, you will need periodontal treatment before we can begin to focus on replacing your missing teeth. Also, if you smoke, it is strongly encouraged that you stop before and after the procedure to ensure your implants fuse with your jawbone correctly.
What Are the Benefits of All-On-4 Implants?
- Improved oral health: Traditional dentures do not keep your jawbone from deteriorating. Implants of any kind work to stimulate the bone, keeping it strong. As a result, it improves your oral health.
- Longer lasting: Implants can last 30+ years with proper care and treatment. Traditional dentures require frequent relining, adjusting, and replacing after a decade or so.
- Fewer implants placed: With All-On-4, there are truly only 4 implants placed along an arch, making for fewer incisions and easier recovery.
- No food restrictions: With traditional dentures, you often find that your food choices are limited but because implants look and feel just like natural teeth, you can enjoy all the foods you love without worry about your denture slipping or falling out.
All-On-4 vs. Traditional Dental Implants
- All-On-4 eliminates the need for additional dental procedures (i.e. bone graft or sinus lift).
- Fewer visits and procedures with All-On-4.
- All-On-4 provides increased stability and allows for you to receive a temporary restoration the same day as your surgery, unlike traditional implants.